Petit LeMans-What's going on?

Competing in an event? Do you enjoy meat? Let everyone know about it here!

Moderators: andysapp, charlie, CodyW, Rhoad Racing

Post Reply
User avatar
darkducati
Purple Drank
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Setting the world on fire, one upshift at a time.

Petit LeMans-What's going on?

Post by darkducati »

Who's going? Any plans to meet up at all? Who will win? Did you know that Maserati is bringing they're new rebodied Enzos to play? Why so many questions?
Beans and cornbread.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29035
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Hahahaha!
I WANT TO SEE THE ENZO!!!

This sucks... because of the wonderful hurricane two weeks ago, the DDay 3 drift event in Ocala, FL was rescheduled to when???
The same weekend as the Petit Le Mans.
:evil:

This totally sucks. The RS*R Drift Fest in Chicago is ALSO the same weekend... so I need two clones. Ocala is closer, and I'll get more seat time, so that's where I'll be.

Grrrrr.
User avatar
CodyW
Slippery When Westicles
Posts: 8581
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:44 am
Location: emergency surgery in the studio
Contact:

Post by CodyW »

and if we're lucky, there will be another hurricane to add to the fun :shock:
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29035
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

They better have it this time... rain or shine!!!
If Ocala is postponed again, I might go to Chicago.

We'll have to wait and seeee!
User avatar
EVOsaiyanPrince
Imitation Crab Meat
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:08 am
Location: ATL----->NYC

Post by EVOsaiyanPrince »

i have some friends coming down from NYC for Petit LeMans. Your more than welcome to hang with us. MikeFC will be there with his buddy also.
What about NOPI this weekend? You gonna come?

You also need to give me a number i can reach you for when we have meets and events and stuff. Did you get the MR on the road yet?
Image

Image
The 2 best fighter jets for the greatest airforce in the world.
User avatar
darkducati
Purple Drank
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Setting the world on fire, one upshift at a time.

Post by darkducati »

Wiring harness is done. Just little pieces left here and there. I am sure I will hook up with you guys.

NOPI is a tool of satan and I do not with to dance with the devil. :D

I'll send you a PM.

What happened Andy? I thought you were down? :D
Beans and cornbread.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29035
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

darkducati wrote:NOPI is a tool of satan and I do not with to dance with the devil. :D ...
What happened Andy? I thought you were down? :D
Hahaha Nopi=Satan, LOL!!!

I really wanted to go to Petit Le Mans... but I can't turn down seat time - even if it means driving to Chicago!

MUST... DRIFT... MOOOOOORE!!!
Hahaha.
:)
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

i'll be at petit lemans, but in the pits in a nomex suit ;). my uncle wants me to work for him again this year so i'll be down there sweating my ass off being bored for 90% of the race. i'm thinking about turning it down this year though, i was so very relieved when larry oberto went out and crashed our car last year into the flatbed truck in T1. yes, it was that boring being down there.
User avatar
andysapp
I need to go outside
Posts: 29035
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: KILL 'EM ALL.

Post by andysapp »

Wow! That's rad!!!
I see what you mean though... although it sounds cool to work the pits, at the same time, you can' enjoy the race, buy toys, & eat funnel cake in the same respect. Do you get paid when you work like that... or do you get free entry? How long's your uncle been into it that deep?
User avatar
icantdrift
Salsa Rodeo
Posts: 5987
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Post by icantdrift »

andysapp wrote:Wow! That's rad!!!
I see what you mean though... although it sounds cool to work the pits, at the same time, you can' enjoy the race, buy toys, & eat funnel cake in the same respect. Do you get paid when you work like that... or do you get free entry? How long's your uncle been into it that deep?
my uncle has been working in the roadracing industry for many many years. started looong time ago with silkolene lubricants working with superbike teams, then had a long run working for Vance&Hines crewchiefing their superbike efforts. Then he got with Dyson Racing back when ALMS was known still as IMSA (same basic organization) and worked with them for several years. when i worked for him last year we were working with the Bahama Joes Prototype 1 car (black one with very few stickers, privateer team. also known as the car of the loser that crashed in T1 into a damn flatbed under a yellow flag :roll: ) and i was doing fuel. this year i have no clue who he's working for, but it's a much larger outfit than who we were working with last year.

so yeah, he's been in it a while. i just got free entrance last year, but what good is that if you can't really enjoy it? :wink: .
User avatar
down_shift
Muscle Milk
Posts: 11892
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 1:38 am
Location: Beverly Hills

Post by down_shift »

I just arranged to get off work on Saturday, so I shold be there.
::::: understeer is definitely a crime - Colin McRae
Post Reply